Friday, June 29, 2012

Initial News

Hey Family,

Two weeks ago at my doctor's appointment I did some blood work which screens for a few genetic abnormalities. The tests are NOT a diagnosis--just a screening, and they are NOT always accurate; there could easily be false positives for any genetic test. However, I received a call today with my results. Apparently the test came back saying there's a 1 in 40 chance of my baby having an open neural tube defect (google it if you don't know what that means). I have an appointment with a maternal fetal medicine doctor on Friday at 1 to have an ultrasound to better determine if something is wrong. There's still a high chance that the baby is completely healthy but if there is a problem it could be pretty severe. We're a little nervous and are asking for your prayers for Baby Hudson.

As Isaiah put it, there's still a 98% chance the baby is healthy and a 100% chance that we're gonna love it. Thanks for your support. We love you all too.

Jenna and Isaiah

P.S. The good news is we might be able to find out the gender with this ultrasound on Friday. We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment