Sunday, December 7, 2014

San Diego

Did you know that traffic is terrible on the Sunday after Thanksgiving? Because I sure didn't, and nobody seemed to find it important enough to tell me before I planned a trip to San Diego on that day. Our 7 1/2 hour drive turned into 11 hours. Good thing my kid loves driving in the car. (I mean that seriously. Evan and Maya were both angels.)

Sarah and Maya joined me and Evan on a little trip to San Diego last week. I had a little bit (cough cough, extensive amount) of dental work to be done. My Uncle Mark and his two sons, Matt and Jared, all shared in the blessing of fixing my mouth and offering gentle reprimands for my poor flossing. It was my first time at Packard Dental. I felt like each of them channeled a little bit of Grandpa when they sang while working. Now I brush and floss like it's my job.

Other highlights of the trip included:

Trips to the park



Riding bikes on the driveway



Visiting the San Diego temple lights and listening to Uncle Garth, Aunt Bonnie, Matt, Jared, and Angela singing in the community choir



One of these sheep is not like the other


Walking to Mexico
I guess my back itched?
Waiting in line for 2 hours to come back from Mexico

CPK Thai pizza, In-n-Out burgers, "authentic" Mexican food, Denny's milkshakes

Can you tell which half of my mouth is still numb?

Cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie with hot chocolate and a fire

Visiting with cousins, aunts, and uncles

Uncle Mark and Aunt Bonnie's basement playroom. This was easily Maya's favorite thing about the trip. She also loved having more people to listen to her stories. "I need to go tell your family something," was a commonly-heard phrase. Sarah was wonderful to watch Evan while I was getting high on nitrous oxide.


Lotion parties on the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment