What we did to keep Evan comfortable and happy:
- Nap BEFORE leaving
- Spread out large picnic blanket for crawl space
- Jogging stroller for walks
- Diaper wipes to keep hands/face clean
- Crib mattress to sleep on
- Lots of blankets to stay warm
|Fallen Leaf Lake|
|Digging for pebbles|
|Matching morning pj's|
We found a campsite near Lake Tahoe at Fallen Leaf Lake. Our campground was a 5 minute walk to the lake which was peaceful and beautiful--and much less crowded than Tahoe. In the morning we went on a drive over to Emerald Bay to enjoy the view.
Evan went to sleep really well on his crib mattress with blankets piled on top of him, but part-way through the night he decided to move off the pad and sleep on the bottom of my sleeping bag. I guess next time we'll save the hassle of packing the mattress.