Monday, January 1, 2018

December 2017

Once November 1st hit, I planned out our entire month of December. Yes, one month ahead. I've found the past few years that when I try to plan things in December it stresses me out and we end up not doing everything I want. I loved this December. I did everything I wanted to and more. The boys are the perfect ages to enjoy Christmas and all the activities.

The Christmas Train!! Our train was a huge hit this year. Seth obsessed over pushing the buttons on and off. Both boys would sit by the train for half an hour, humming all the songs over and over again. Seth only took the train off the tracks a handful of times. It was totally worth it to save the presents and ornaments which amazingly remained basically untouched all through December.


There were only two kids at the entire ward party who did not want to sit on Santa's lap... mine. Evan later said, "He looked new..." After some questioning I figured out he meant "different." Evan was unsure about sitting on his lap because he was more of a Father Christmas type and didn't look like the Santa he was accustomed to. (Not like that really would have made a difference...)


Candy Cane Lane in Vacaville
Home Depot gingerbread house building


Park playgroup every Monday
"Dear Santa, I've been a good boy this year. I would like: I keem (ice cream), dino zeer-al (dinosaur cereal), A cha ga (I am a child of God), more i keem! (more ice cream). Thank you! I love you! Seth

Letters to Santa
One day, when I had an extremely tine-sensitive engagement, Isaiah accidentally took both boys' car seats to work in his car. So... Evan sat on a pillow and Seth used his infant car seat. Please don't call CPS on me.


Evan got to play a wise man for our ward's primary nativity reenactment. The nativity play goes along with the Stake Nativity Festival, a 3-day massive nativity display at the church. I helped set up one of the rooms this year with the theme, "What is your Nativity?" We tied in the classic nativities  and Christ's pedigrees with family history pictures/books.


I don't usually get to see Evan with his friends at school because he takes the bus. But there were a few super busy days last month where we ran errands all morning and I took him straight to school. He's so cute there in the back.


New van! (This is not a pregnancy announcement.)
Evan failed his eye test at the pediatrician several months ago. Because of that, and just because he has hydrocephalus which can affect his eyes, we took him to a routine eye exam. He did great! The doctor said he wished his eyes were as good as Evan's. He said Evan may be a bit far sighted right now (about 20/25 in both eyes), but that's pretty typical for his age. And he tested poorly on the depth perception but that may also be related to his maturity. He was given glasses to wear after they dilated his eyes. I sent him on the bus with the glasses and sent a text to his teacher asking her to help him wear them while he's outside. When he came home he told me he kept them on the entire time at school. His bus driver called him "Hollywood".




Preschool 2017-18

Christmas baking day(s) this year consisted of: 4 batches of cinnamon rolls, homemade oreos, white chocolate cranberry cookies, chocolate fudge, apple pie fudge, corn flake wreaths, and these pretzel kiss candies that the boys made.


Isaiah got a chainsaw for his birthday and immediately commenced his winter pruning. He's just itching to chop down the tree in the front yard.




Uncle Josh decided to join us Christmas morning so Evan made him a stocking. What a surprise that Santa knew he would be there and had a few presents for him under the tree. We were so lucky to see Santa Christmas morning! We spied on him as he brought in a few last presents and ate his cookies/egg nog. He said Evan needs to eat his vegetables like the doctor told him. Isaiah only caught Santa on video for a second..."Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" And he brought light sabers!




No comments:

Post a Comment