Monday, July 2, 2018

4 Months Post-Op

This video was from Mother's Day (2 months post-op). Evan was walking to the window to watch the doves that were building a nest on our fence, just outside our window. 









Evan's walking progression was slow and steady with no monumental "He's finally walking!" moment, so I never knew what to post about it. But I think it's now safe to say we've arrived! He's walking, running, dancing, playing basketball--I'd say he's just about back to how he was, but he's not at all. He's so much better than he was because now his feet are straight! He's doing the things he did before, but he's looking so much better doing it. (Still a bit rocky, sure, but he's getting better every day.) 






We went camping last week and I was in awe as Evan hiked, with only minimal help, up and down a super rocky hill. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: This kid is a rock star. His wheelchair is officially returned, his walking boots were replaced by new Batman braces (no twister cables!!), and--most importantly--he feels comfortable and confident with himself. We're 4 months post surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with how he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment