What Aunt Rachel did in San Francisco:
- Farmer's market
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Pier 39
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Public transportation (I won't mention the one time she took the right metro in the wrong direction...)
- Shopping downtown
- Taking a shuttle with people who don't speak English can be fun
- Sharing a bathroom with strange men who don't speak English can be even more fun
- Riding 84 mph in a taxi with a man who looks like a terrorist and speaks mumbled English into a little mouthpiece is the most fun of all
- Her new favorite food is...hospital food!
- Hospitals are not as sanitary as Aunt Rachel's house
Thanks for spending this week with me, Aunt Rachel! Not only did it ease my mother's conscience to know someone was here for me in case of emergency, but it also helped keep my mind off the fact that I've sat in the same hospital bed for 5 weeks straight. Thanks for doing my laundry, thanks for re-arranging my cards and flowers, thanks for letting me win Fill or Bust, thanks for wheeling me to the 6th floor and even to the 1st floor, thanks for buying me clothes that fit (even though I don't mind wearing Isaiah's clothes), thanks for painting my toenails "Giants" orange, thanks for the salted caramel chocolate cake and the tasty pizza, thanks for your support!
|Aunt Rachel picked up some construction paper and helped me make a countdown until Baby Hudson's appearance. It doesn't look THAT long, does it?|
|Someone (who will remain unmentioned) painted my toes a "granny color" so Aunt Rachel gave me a fresh update|